The Society of Broadcast Engineers held its National Meeting October 15 and 16, in Madison, WI, in conjunction with the Broadcasters Clinic. Among the events during those two days, the SBE Board of Directors met, and the SBE held its annual membership meeting.
At the membership meeting, the 2019-2020 officers and directors were sworn in to begin their new terms.
(The results of the SBE election were announced on August 29.) SBE President Wayne Pecena, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNE, also announced his committee chair appointments for the coming year, which were reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors. The committee chair assignments follow.
- Awards, Tom McGinley, CPBE, AMD, CBNT
- By-Laws, Charles “Ched” Keiler, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNE
- Certification, Ralph Hogan, CPBE, DRB, CBNE*
- Chapter Liaison, Mark Fehlig, CPBE, 8-VSB
- Education, Geary Morrill, CPBE, CBNE
- Fellowship, Troy Pennington, CSRE, CBNT*
- Electronic Communication, Roswell Clark, CPBE, CBNT
- Finance, Roswell Clark, CPBE, CBNT
- Frequency Coordination, Ted Hand, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB
- Government Relations, Kevin Trueblood, CBRE, CBNT
- International, Charles W. Kelly Jr.*
- Membership, Steve Brown, CPBE, CBNT
- Mentoring, Chris Tarr, CSRE, AMD, DRB, CBNE
- Nominations, Jim Leifer, CPBE
- Publications, Jason Ornellas, CBRE, CRO
- Social Networking, Kirk Harnack, CBRE, CBNE
- Sustaining Membership, Vinny Lopez, CEV, CBNT
- Technologies, Shane Toven, CBRE, CBNT
* These committee chairs do not serve on the SBE Board of Directors.
On the committee assignments, President Pecena said, “The skill and experience of the Board of Directors and committee chairs is wide and varied, and I look forward to drawing on their abilities to continue the forward progress of the SBE as we implement plans from the 2018 strategic planning conference and develop new opportunities for our members.”
Pecena also appointed two directors to serve on the SBE Executive Committee, which also includes all the officers and the past president. Roswell Clark and Geary Morrill were appointed and approved by the Board, and they join Pecena, Vice President Andrea Cummis, Secretary Kevin Trueblood, Treasurer Ted Hand, and Immediate Past President Jim Leifer.
The national board of directors of the SBE is responsible for the development of policy and determines the programs and services the society provides to its 5,000 members.
November 1, 2019