5G operators are facing two significant optimization challenges: bandwidth and propagation. If these challenges are looked at separately, the preferences for 5G frequencies can vary.
To gain a clearer picture of 5G Network coverage and the importance of MIMO (Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output) and the 3.5 GHz frequency, we reached out to a panel of industry experts and leaders who provided us with in-depth and insightful information on the following popular 5G Coverage questions:
- How new 5G bands differ from traditional bands in terms of propagation?
- Why is 3.5 GHz a core candidate for 5G?
- How is Massive MIMO different than current 2×2 or 4×4 MIMO and why will it aid in 5G coverage?
- Why do we hear 5G will require more transmitter sites?
- Will I be able to use a booster/repeater to increase 5G coverage in my home or office?
- What type of venue will most benefit from 5G coverage?
- How are coverage patterns changing for 5G vs previous technologies?
- What about 5G Coverage in tunnels?
Our 5G Coverage panel includes Chuck Powell, Product Director for Base Station Antennas, North America at Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), Amr Elgazzar International, Channel Manager at Consultix, Greg Dial, Senior Vice President for Product and Marketing Strategy at JMA Wireless, and Roger Nichols, 5G Program Manager at Keysight Technologies.
To view the complete article, please visit https://www.gapwireless.com/tech/5g-coverage-discussion-panel-article/
Gap Wireless 5G Report
5G experts and leaders, such as Keysight, RFS, JMA Wireless, Health Canada, ISED Canada, CTWA, Wavecontrol and many more discuss the most frequently asked questions about 5G and its deployment in Canada.
The complete report contains the following panel discussions: 5G Healthy & Safety, 5G Testing, 5G Coverage, 5G & IoT, and 5G Public Safety Applications.