APCO 2019 opened Sunday in Baltimore with APCO International’s First General Business Session as members heard a regulatory update, voted in a trio of new life members and considered pitches for the next second vice president of the association.
Yesterday began with the Opening General Session in the Baltimore Convention Center ballroom, featuring a keynote address from Bret Baier, Fox News Chief Political Anchor and Host of “Special Report with Bret Baier.” The exhibit hall opened yesterday as well, with vendors that included the Career Advancement Center, Resume Review, Public Safety Vehicle Area, Presentation Theater, Blood Drive, Dog Demonstrations and the New Products Zone.
The APCO Pavilion offered live demos of APCO IntelliComm®, the next generation criteria-based guidecard software that is supported by IBM Watson Analytics.
The association recognized the winners of the 2019 Public Safety Communications and Technology Leadership Awards.
- DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR: Maureen A. Will, Newtown Emergency Communications Center (Newtown, Connecticut)
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIST OF THE YEAR: Boris Duran (Santa Ana Police Department, Santa Ana, California)
- LINE SUPERVISOR OF THE YEAR: Jenn Andrews (Kitsap 911, Bremerton, Washington)
- RADIO FREQUENCY TECHNOLOGIST OF THE YEAR: Chris Dusseau (Fort Worth Wireless Communications, Fort Worth, Texas)
- TELECOMMUNICATOR OF THE YEAR: Marissa Leezer (Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications ,Chicago, Illinois)
- TRAINER OF THE YEAR: Bess Joyce (Jefferson County Communications Center Authority, Lakewood, Colorado)
- TEAM OF THE YEAR: North Andover Police and Fire Communications (North Andover, Massachusetts)
- TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP AWARD FOR A LARGE COMMUNICATIONS CENTER: City of Santa Clara, Santa Clara, California
- TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP AWARD FOR A SMALL COMMUNICATIONS CENTER: Fayette County 911 Communications Center, Fayetteville, Georgia
August 13, 2019