CCA’s Annual Convention focusing on smart strategies, technology innovations, and business opportunities for carriers in this increasingly mobile world will be held today, October 21. In addition to keynote speakers and a wide variety of industry-related topics, the event will also feature a virtual exhibition floor as well.
Guest speakers include:(all times shown in EST)
10 a.m. –10:15 a.m. Welcome Remarks by CCA’s President and CEO Steven K. Berry
10:15 a.m. –10:20 a.m. Remarks by Senator Roger Wicker (R-MS)
10:20 a.m. –10:25 a.m. Remarks by Congressman Frank Pallone (D-NJ)
10:25 a.m. –10:40 a.m. Remarks by FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr
10:45 a.m. –11 a.m. Remarks by Neville Ray, President of Technology, T-Mobile
11 a.m. –11:15 a.m. Remarks by Paul Challoner, VP Network Product Solutions, Ericsson North America
11:15 a.m. –12 p.m. Session 101 (Technical Track): Virtualization of Networks of the Future. The future of 5G depends on virtualization technologies and cloud-based infrastructure.
9:15 a.m.–10 a.m. Tools for Success in a 5G Economy
Content sponsored and produced by Samsung. 5G is advancing faster than any previous wireless technology, but how do we ensure that the industry is building a safe, efficient and future-proof network without cutting corners? Furthermore, how do you source the right talent to build a high-performing 5G network? In this webinar hosted by Matt Dooley, VP of Engineering at TeleWorld Solutions, you will hear more about the incredible growth of 5G, the 5G Lifecycle and the tools for success in building a 5G network. From use cases, design, and deployment to optimization and management, learn how TeleWorld Solutions is helping the industry navigate this new 5G economy.
- Matt Dooley, Vice President of Deployment, Teleworld Solutions
9:15 a.m. –10 a.m. Dramatic Increase in DDoS Attack Frequency & Complexity Threaten Mobile Infrastructure/Services
Content sponsored and produced by Netscout. In this session NETSCOUT’s ATLAS Security Engineering & Response Team (ASERT) will discuss key findings from their 1st Half 2020 Threat Intelligence Report, which will include:
- Worldwide and regional DDoS attack trends. (Hint: There was a 25 percent increase during the pandemic lockdown)
- The rising complexity of DDoS attacks, which include a 126 percent increase in 15+ vector, higher packet-per second, and shorter-lived DDoS attacks which threaten the availability and performance of mobile infrastructure and services.The rise in IoT-based botnets launching DDoS attacks from within our network boundaries.
- The hidden tax of DDoS attacks that ultimately trickle down to fixed/mobile operators and consumers of the internet. In addition, this session will highlight how mobile operators can use NETSCOUT Arbor Smart DDOS Protections solutions for intelligently automated DDoS defense.
- Tom Bienkowski, Director Product Marketing
- Richard Hummel, Manager of Threat Intelligence
9:15 a.m. –10 a.m. 5G: Adding New Value–Together
Content sponsored and produced by Huawei. 5G is taking connectivity to new and unprecedented heights all over the world; thanks to advanced technologies, it’s leading humans into a high-capacity and low-latency era. But there is far more to it than simply speed and convenience. An IHS Markit study estimates that 5G will contribute $13.2 trillion to global economic value and generate 22.3 million jobs by 2035. It not only paves the way to a more seamless and inclusive world but also unlocks a broad range of opportunities, including the improvement of quality of life, facilitating underserved areas, transforming education, stimulating the economy, and even saving our planet. The Huawei Tech4all initiative has provided connectivity, digital devices, and skills training to the local teachers to tackle the challenges in education during pandemic, which will benefit more than 100,000 students.
- Jeff Mucci, CEO and Head of Industry Insights, Arden Media Company; publisher of RCR Wireless News – moderator Joe Franell, President, Blue Mountain Networks Mohamed Madkour, VP of Wireless Network Marketing and Solutions, Huawei Technologies Don Morrissey, VP, Congressional, State and Local Government Affairs, Huawei Technologies USA
9:15 a.m. –10 a.m. Accelerating Revenue with Gigabit Over the Air: Fixed Wireless Access Options and Considerations
Content sponsored and produced by ADTRAN. High capacity fixed wireless access (FWA) solutions can not only deliver Gigabit speeds today, but often have much lower, comparative upfront build costs and significantly faster install time than other alternatives, providing a reliable and economic way for operators to extend their network reach. Attendees will come away with an understanding of FWA solutions and how they may be used to facilitate coverage and high broadband speeds to their customers.
- Michael Kletchko, Head of Market Development, ADTRAN