The Fiber Broadband Association (FBA) elected its 2021 Board of Directors this week. Katie Espeseth, Vice President of New Products at EPB, was re-elected as Chair of the Board for another one-year term, beginning January 1, 2021.
“2020 created many new challenges for everyone, but it also created enormous opportunities for broadband. Our Board of Directors plays a critical role in guiding our industry to address the rapidly evolving needs for fiber broadband connectivity, whether it be for remote work, education, or healthcare,” said Gary Bolton, President and CEO of FBA.
As part of the elections held at the December meeting, the board elected its 2021 Management Committee: in addition to Espeseth, Kevin Morgan of Clearfield was named as Vice Chair; Gregg Logan of C Spire as Secretary; and Joe Jensen of Corning as Treasurer.
There are two new members that will serve the 2021 Board of Directors: Joseph “JJ” Jones from On Trac, Inc. and Craig Stein from ADTRAN. Jones spent his entire professional career in telecom and the past 16 years specifically in fiber broadband. He participated in FBA activities since 2007 and served as the Fiber Connect Conference Chair for the past six years. Stein, with over 25 years’ experience in the telecom industry, was actually appointed to the Board in November 2020 to complete the term of a vacant seat when Gary Bolton was appointed as FBA President and CEO.
Mike Hill, CEO of On Trac, Inc., has termed out of his tenure on the FBA’s Board of Directors. He served as a member of the Board for 14 years and was a three-time Chairman during this time. Hill has made significant contributions to the FBA through his time on the Board and his work with a number of committees. He will continue to serve as he was recently appointed to a new FBA senior council group.
The full 2021 Board of Directors includes:
- Chair: Katie Espeseth, Vice President of New Products, EPB
- Vice Chair: Kevin Morgan, Chief Marketing Officer, Clearfield
- Secretary: Gregg Logan, Vice President of Engineering, C Spire
- Treasurer: Joe Jensen, Director, Americas Market Development, Corning
- Joseph “JJ” Jones, Executive Vice President, On Trac, Inc.
- Teles Fremin, Chief Communications Engineer, LUS
- Joanne Hovis, President, CTC Technology & Energy
- Mark Boxer, Technical Manager – Solutions and Applications Engineering, OFS
- Craig Stein, Vice President of Americas and Head of Global Business Development, ADTRAN
The post Fiber Broadband Association Elects 2021 Chair and Board of Directors appeared first on Inside Towers.