NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association, Tuesday announced new board officers for 2020. Allen R. Hoopes, CEO/chairman of Silver Star Communications (Freedom, WY), was elected board chairman, J. Fredrick “Fred” Johnson, chief executive officer of Farmers Telecommunications Cooperative (Rainsville, AL), was elected vice chairman, and H. Keith Oliver, senior vice president of corporate operations for Home Telephone Co. (Moncks Corner, SC), was elected secretary/treasurer.
Hoopes has been on the NTCA Board of Directors for five years. His 33 years of experience in both the broadband and mobile wireless industries have provided opportunities to serve as a board member on the Governor-appointed Wyoming Business Council, and he’s a board member and past chairman of the Rural Telephone Finance Cooperative.
During his tenure as board chairman and CEO, Silver Star Communications has grown to provide gigabit speed broadband services and 4G mobile wireless to western Wyoming and eastern Idaho, according to NTCA.
The following NTCA members will serve on the 2020 board:
- Central Region
- Commercial: Doug Boone, Premier Communications (Sioux Center, IA)
- Cooperative: Ron Hinds, GRM Networks (Princeton, MO)
- North Central Region
- Commercial: John Klatt, Lakeland Communications Group, LLC (Milltown, WI)
- Cooperative: Kevin Beyer, Acira (Chokio, MN) powered by Farmers Mutual Telephone Company (Bellingham, MN) and Federated Telephone Cooperative (Chokio, MN)
- Northeast Region
- Commercial: Mike Grisham, Shawnee Telephone Company (Equality, IL)
- Cooperative: Barry Adair, Wabash Communications Co-Op. (Louisville, IL)
- Northwest Region
- Commercial: Allen R. Hoopes, Silver Star Communications (Freedom, WY)
- Cooperative: Roxie Mayberry, Matanuska Telephone Association (Palmer, AK)
- Southeast Region
- Commercial: H. Keith Oliver, Home Telephone Co. (Moncks Corner, SC)
- Cooperative: Fred Johnson, Farmers Telecommunications Cooperative (Rainsville, AL)
- Southwest Region
- Commercial: Russell “Rusty” A. Moore, Big Bend Telephone Co. (Alpine, TX)
- Cooperative: Bill Hegmann, Southwest Arkansas Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (Texarkana, AR)
December 4, 2019