The FirstNet Public Safety Advocacy team for the East represents 19 states within a geographically diverse region, including: AL, D.C., DE, GA, FL, KY, MD, MS, NC, PA, NY, NJ, SC, WV, VT, VA, PR, and USVI.
In 2019, the former Public Safety Advocacy team for the East worked alongside local, state, tribal, and federal public safety organizations in over 350 engagements to determine the right communications plan of action for each area.
Whether it’s cutting through congestion in the upper northeast’s densely populated states, reaching across vast tracts of rural or mountainous lands in Appalachia, or deploying network assets to the coasts during tropical storms and hurricanes.
The team consists of:
- Ehrin Ehlert, Area Director for the East
- Billy Freeman, Senior Public Safety Advisor
- Charles (“Chuck”) R. Murph, Jr., Senior Public Safety Advisor and FirstNet Authority
- Gerald Risner, Senior Public Safety Advisor, for GA, NC and SC
- David Cook, Senior Public Safety Advisor, for NY, NJ, VT, PR and USVI
- Lori Stone, Senior Public Safety Advisor for WV. VA. MD, DC
- Bruce Fitzgerald, Senior Public Safety Advisor, for PA and DE
The agency advises anyone with questions about public safety communications in their community to contact their regional public safety advisor. (see links)
The post Public Safety Advocacy Team in the Eastern Region Announced appeared first on Inside Towers.