Acting FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel designated a slew of personnel to her new office.
- Travis Litman, Acting Chief of Staff: He served then-Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel’s office in different capacities including as Chief of Staff and Senior Legal Advisor. He also has held a variety of roles in the Wireline Competition Bureau.
- Kate Black, Acting Chief Policy Advisor: Black has been Rosenworcel’s Policy Advisor since 2017. She joined the office from the local non-profit EMILY’s List, where she was Chief of Staff.
- Umair Javed, Acting Chief Counsel: From October 2017 through January 2021, he was then-Commissioner Rosenworcel’s legal advisor for wireless and international issues. Javed joined the FCC from Wiley Rein LLP, where he was an attorney in the firm’s Telecom, Media, and Technology practice group.
- Trent Harkrader, Acting Special Advisor to the Chairwoman and Deputy Bureau Chief, Wireline Competition Bureau: Harkrader will advise the Acting Chairwoman on implementation of the recent Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, including its initiatives on broadband adoption and telehealth, while also continuing to serve as Deputy Bureau Chief in the Wireline Competition Bureau.
- Ramesh Nagarajan, Acting Legal Advisor, Wireline: Nagarajan joins the office from the Wireline Competition Bureau, where he was most recently Deputy Division Chief of the Competition Policy Division. He was a law clerk to United States District Judge James D. Whittemore in the Middle District of Florida.
- Ethan Lucarelli, Acting Legal Advisor, Wireless and Public Safety: Lucarelli joins the office from the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, where he was legal and policy advisor to the Bureau Chief. Previously, Ethan was Director of Regulatory & Public Policy at satellite communications company Inmarsat.
- Holly Saurer, Acting Legal Advisor, Media: Saurer joins the office from the Media Bureau, where she has held several positions, including Deputy Bureau Chief, Associate Bureau Chief, Senior Legal Advisor and Attorney-Advisor with the Media Bureau’s Policy Division. Holly has previously been an Acting Media Advisor for Commissioners Rosenworcel and Clyburn, and an International and Consumer Affairs Legal Advisor for Chairman Wheeler.