Sprint (NYSE: S) now offers two solutions for customers who are tired of robocalls, telemarketers, and scams. Sprint Call Screener Basic is a new, free service that identifies unwanted malicious calls and permits users to block them.
Sprint also offers a more feature-rich Sprint Call Screener Plus service for just $2.99 per month, per line. This includes the ability to identify, report and block the highest risk, unwanted callers such as fraudsters.
Sprint says its Call Screener Plus provides additional benefits:
- Displays caller’s name, city and state, even those not listed in contacts.
- Shows texter’s name, even when they are not in contacts.
- Identifies, blocks, and reports additional calls that are lower-risk, but still a nuisance.
- Categorizes incoming calls as spam, robocalls or fraud calls.
- Reports an individual phone number as spam.
- Keeps history of blocked and risky numbers.
“Illegal and unwanted robocalls are a real and growing problem with some estimates totaling 65 billion spam calls 2019. Sprint Call Screener Basic service is an easy and convenient way to combat this growing annoyance of high-risk, unwanted calls – all at no cost to our customers,” said Doug Smith, Sprint vice president of product marketing and product innovation.
Sprint Call Screener service is available for both Android and iOS devices, and customers will receive a free 15-day trial of Sprint Call Screener Plus. At the end of the trial, customers will be automatically enrolled in the free Call Screener Basic, if they choose not to subscribe to the Plus version.
January 6, 2020