|Job title||Customer Service Manager|
|Reports to||Vice-President- Sales & Marketing|
|Based at||Moraine, Ohio|
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) leads the organization’s customer service department and ensures the company delivers the highest level of customer service possible. The CSM is responsible for the quotation and order entry process, customer record management and the effective resolution of customer disputes.
Duties and responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality leadership in all assigned tasks, while upholding Tuf-Tug Values at all times: inclusive of constructive problem solving, facilitating creative improvements, and inspiring others.
- Through actions and conversations with market customers and all internal and external customers and associates, shows support to Tuf-Tug corporate goals and directives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the Customer Service Department. Provides leadership, training and support to customer service representatives to assist in their growth and development.
- Responsible for the interface and use of the Salesforce CRM tool by all departmental personnel, ensuring effective daily and consistent use, data integrity and the capture of customer details and relevant communication. As needed or requested, segments CRM data and creates reports to assist in marketing activities.
- In a timely and professional manner, manages and supports customer call activity and responds to customer requests by providing quality recommendations. Effectively monitors customer shipment schedules and alerts customers to changes in delivery schedules.
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of Tuf-Tug products and services. Proactively reaches customers to communicate potential sales opportunities and/or key company initiates to assist organization in meeting revenue objectives.
- Monitors and manages the sales order and confirmation of orders processes to ensure accurate receipt and acceptance of customer orders.
- Works cross-functionally with all inter-company departments to communicate customer product needs and order status. Alerts internal customers to special material and product features to fulfil customer requirements.
- Effectively communicates customer issues with organization in a timely manner. Coordinates complaints with the Quality team and cross-functionally works with team personnel to reduce quality errors.
- Through the effective use of system tools and processes, manages the flow of customer support and communication requirements from Request For Quotation (RFQ) through order fulfilment. Develops processes and tools to monitor and measure the customer experience.
- Manages, archives and maintains customer pricing and discount database, quotation records and product pricing structure. Develops and distributes customer quotations in timely manner. Through effective quotation documentation and management, ensures and maintains company-agreed upon profit margins.
- Assists in evaluating product applications and provides recommendations to customers on suggested products.
- In conjunction with Accounts Receivable personnel, assists in monitoring customer payments and past due accounts.
- Effectively and efficiently communicates important field, competitive, customer and industry information to internal customers, Tuf-Tug leadership and Supervisor.
- Acts a liaison between customer and Tuf-Tug organization on field product complaints. Works closely with customers to identify and resolve warranty claims and field product quality errors and failures.
- Special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business (preferred) and 5+ years sales and/or customer service management experience with telecommunications, wind or energy construction, safety equipment or working at heights OR, Associates Degree in above mentioned fields of study supported by 10+ years of relevant industry experience. Other degrees considered with commensurate experience.
Working Environment/ Physical Demands / Hours / Travel
- Work usually performed in an office setting, customer setting or on a job site or construction setting.
- Hours may vary and will require evening, overtime and weekend work depending on business needs
- Ability to utilize personal computer, e-mail, copier, fax, phone, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as required by role (up to 15% of the time).
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and/or employees via phone and in person.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven leadership and developed customer communication skills
- Strong understanding of the production process and ability to generate and maintain effective daily and weekly schedules.
- Experience coaching and leading a team, managing multiple concurrent projects and collaborating across multiple internal teams.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, time management and communication skills.
- Aptitude and demeanor to effectively manage through challenging situations. Self-motivated, intellectually curious and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of PC based software skills including business management systems, Salesforce, ERP systems, MS Office and Outlook.
- Competent mechanical aptitude. Ability to understand, interpret, communicate and resolve product questions and considerations.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in a prior customer service position or supervisory role.
- Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Cognitive capacity to learn and retain product specific information with the ability to position the features and benefits to customers.
- Knowledge of construction of energy, telecommunications and/or working at heights markets a plus.
Responsibility and Decision Making Authority
With support from VP, Sales & Marketing, empowered to make decisions within areas of responsibility and on behalf Tuf-Tug customer service department. The position has the authority to make cross functional decisions in partnership with peers of other functions.
Customer Service Representatives
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
The post Tug-Tug: Market Development Manager – Customer Service Manager appeared first on Inside Towers.