T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) will hold its 3Q20 earnings call later this afternoon after the closing bell at 4:30 p.m. EST. Inside Towers Business Editor John Celentano tells readers what to expect.
“TMUS updates its progress on 5G deployments, both in the number of cities or markets covered, and in what frequency bands,” Celentano said. “The company claims to be upgrading 700-1,000 sites per week so expect some comment on the relevance of its long-term deal with American Tower, announced in the quarter.”
Other things to keep an eye on:
- a current tally of postpaid and prepaid mobile subscribers.
- clarification of recent (and previously unreported) news that TMUS now passes ~20 million homes with a fixed wireless access offering. “The company has some ‘splainin’ to do on this one,” Celentano said.
DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) meanwhile, will hold its 3Q20 earnings call on Friday, November 6 at noon EST.
Here’s what Celetano is looking for:
- a progress report on its 5G national network build out plans, either by target markets and/or by frequency bands, along with the significance of new supply deals with network equipment vendors.
- how it is positioning the BOOST Mobile prepaid business (acquired from the Sprint/T-Mobile merger) to compete with big prepaid players, Tracfone (acquired by Verizon) and Consumer Cellular (acquired by private equity firm, GTCR)
- some elaboration on DISH’s proposal to share its 5G network spectrum and capacity with the Department of Defense.
Check out Celentano’s in-depth analysis of the TMUS call in tomorrow’s edition of Inside Towers.
The post What to Expect in Today’s TMUS Q3 Earnings Call and Tomorrow’s DISH Call appeared first on Inside Towers.