NATE: The Communications Infrastructure Contractors Association announced the organization will resume its in-person Wireless Rooftop Deployment Training sessions. Upcoming complimentary, grant-enabled training sessions will be hosted in Atlanta, Georgia on Monday, August 3, and Houston, Texas on Monday, August 10.
These courses will be offered free of charge to industry employees and employers due to a Susan Harwood Training Grant (SH-05134-SH9) from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor.
The Wireless Rooftop Deployment Training curriculum is tailored specifically to the communications infrastructure industry and includes detailed instruction on rooftop work activities and information workers need to know such as updates to the general industry OSHA Walking-Working Surfaces Rule and Fall Protection Standards, industry-specific rooftop fall protection procedures, hazard assessment protocols, antenna identification, RF awareness, RF controls and other applicable standards. Additionally, the training will include information regarding employee and employer rights and responsibilities under the OSH Act of 1970, whistleblower complaint procedures and protection provisions.
NATE has stated ensuring the health and welfare of the training attendees is the most important element of the return to in-person training guidelines established in consultation with the training venues. Here are some of the guidelines NATE will implement to ensure the safety of all attendees:
- The training session room seating arrangements will be spaced out at safe distances in order to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- NATE has purchased face masks and will make them available to all attendees who elect to use them.
- All training participants and attendees will be provided with individual bottles of sanitizer to use throughout the training day.
- The lunch offered by NATE during the training will be boxed so attendees can remain in their seating areas and not have to go through a traditional buffet line.
- The training rooms will be appropriately cleaned and sanitized prior to the training beginning.
Interested participants are encouraged to complete the Wireless Rooftop Deployment Training registration form for the training location in their region, on the association’s 2020 Worker Training Course website page.
The post Wireless Rooftop Training Courses Offered in Atlanta and Houston appeared first on Inside Towers.