Although International Women’s Day will be recognized this Sunday, NATE, newly re-minted as the Communication Infrastructure Contractors Association, has been growing and acknowledging the tower industry’s commitment to women for years. On Tuesday, the Women of NATE (WON) held their first “Open Call” where they had 50 women in the industry participate.
“The women on the call were enthusiastic about the opportunity to share their thoughts and eager to learn more about WON and upcoming WON events, such as the Leadership Summit,” NATE COO Paula Nurnberg told Inside Towers.
“Women of NATE aims to identify and redefine new rules of leadership for a new era and help decision-makers at all kinds of organizations create inclusive, equitable cultures that empower women to succeed, and also spotlight women who are leading new rules.”
WON Committee Member Jeanne Piercey of TEP Canada moderated the call and kept participants engaged with updates on various topics, according to Nurnberg. Among the topics covered were:
- Recap of the NATE UNITE 2020 Educational Session and the booth, lounge, meet and greet and the 5K all designed by and staffed by WON members.
- The upcoming WON Leadership Summit scheduled for Monday, April 20, 2020, in Chicago, Illinois.
- Women of NATE Newsletter (Volume 2, Issue 2 just released)
- Ideas for future WON events and related speaker suggestions
Participants on the call were encouraged to send information and photos of themselves and their female colleagues to WON Committee Member/Social Media Leader Amy Dolce of SAI Group. Dolce will then compile the information and photos and prepare for social media outlet distribution.
The agenda for the one-day Leadership Summit, to be held on Monday, April 20, 2020, at the Gleacher Center in Chicago, was announced. Nurnberg said the Summit will feature educational sessions, keynote conversations, and a safety self-defense class. Cost is $150 per person. For registration, click here.
The agenda will be:
- 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Doors Open, Registration
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. Welcome from Women of NATE (WON) Chairwoman Andy Page Lee
- 8:15 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. General Session: Team
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:45 am. Educational Session “How to be a Successful Woman in a Male Dominated Industry”
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Educational Session: “Fear is Your Ally”
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Educational Session: “Transforming the Rules of Leadership and Communication”
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Educational Session: “Stand UP – Women Supporting Other Women”
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. General Session: “Be Heard”
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Luncheon and Keynote: Featuring Elizabeth Berg – “Using Your Voice”
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Safety/Self Defense Class
The post Women of NATE Get Ready For Leadership Summit in April appeared first on Inside Towers.